Stephen D. Koehler
Stephen David Koehler earned his Bachelor of Science in English and Computer Science degree from State University of New York at Stony Brook in 1987 and his Juris Doctor from Wake Forest University School of Law in 1991. Mr. Koehler has owned his own firm since 1999. Mr. Koehler is admitted to practice in the State Courts of North Carolina, and in North Carolina’s Middle and Western United States District Courts.
Mr. Koehler has handled and tried cases in almost every area of business and tort litigation. Mr. Koehler has handled major cases involving General Civil Litigation including Contract Disputes, Construction Law, Collections, Commercial Landlord-Tenant conflicts, Appellate Practice Employment Law, Wage and Hour Act, Trade Secret and Non-Compete Disputes, Consumer Fraud, Personal Injury, Condemnation and Zoning Disputes, Products Liability, Criminal Defense, Automobile Negligence and Premises Liability as well as Workers Compensation.
An active trial attorney, Mr. Koehler tried many cases to a winning jury verdict for his clients. He has successfully argued landmark cases before the North Carolina Court of Appeals and the North Carolina Industrial Commission.
Mr. Koehler is an active member of the North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers, The North Carolina Bar Association, and Union County Bars as well as the North Carolina State Bar.
When not practicing law, Mr. Koehler is a high school and college sports official, refereeing football, lacrosse, and volleyball. He lives in Waxhaw, North Carolina with Valerie, his wife of over 30 years, and his three sons, James, Andrew and Nicholas.
Areas of Practice
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Business & Commercial Law
- Construction Law
- Contract Disputes
- Landlord-Tenant conflicts
- North Carolina, 1991
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina, 1991
- U.S. District Court Middle District of North Carolina, 1991
Wake Forest University School of Law, Winston Salem, North Carolina
- J.D. – 1991
- Honors: Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity
State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook
- B.S. – 1987
- Major: English and Computer Science
- N.C. Indus. Capital, LLC v. Clayton, 185 N.C. App. 356 (N.C. Ct. App. 2007)
- Morris v. Moore, 186 N.C. App. 431 (N.C. Ct. App. 2007)
- N.C. Indus. Capital v. Rushing, 163 N.C. App. 204, 592 S.E.2d 620, 2004 N.C. App. LEXIS 354 (2004)
- Davis v. Cook, 690 S.E.2d 557, 2010 N.C. App. LEXIS 149 (N.C. Ct. App. 2010)
- Claiborne v. Koons, 153 N.C. App. 811, 571 S.E.2d 87, 2002 N.C. App. LEXIS 1378 (2002)
- Von Pettis Realty, Inc. v. McKoy, 135 N.C. App. 206 (N.C. Ct. App. 1999)
- Purser v. Mecklenburg County, 127 N.C. App. 63 (N.C. Ct. App. 1997)
Message Us About Your Case
Do you want things back to how they were before and need an experienced lawyer to represent you? Send us a message below about your case and we'll reach out to you quickly.